“Why’d the little boy drop his ice cream? Because he was hit by a truck.”
Eliza doesn’t look at first glance like she fits her deedname at all. She smiles easily, tends to bounce and prance when she walks. She’s incredibly shallow when it comes to clothes. She always wears retro 50’s style dresses and skirts, and she adores high heels and despite regular nagging both from her pack and the Micks that she’ll one day regret wearing them, tends to wear them anyway. She loves wearing pearl necklaces, pearl earrings, pearl bracelets—or, really, any other kind of jewelry, just pearls tend to be her favorite. Her dark curly hair is always delicately taken care of, and she’s incredibly careful about smothering herself in lotion so her skin is always soft. One could say that when the general image of “werewolf” is a rough and dirty sort of person, Eliza embodies exactly the opposite.
- Deedname: Killjoy
- Auspice: Elodoth
- Tribe: Iron Master
- Lodge: Lodge of Serenity
- Pack: The Motley
- Apparent Age: Late teens/early 20s
- Notable Things:
- Allies (Law)
- Overwhelming Confidence
- Striking Looks (Confident tease who wraps people around her little finger.)
- “So I guess it’s time for me to eat humble pie again, huh? Fine, I’ll admit it. When she showed up on our turf, I wanted nothing to do with her. I knew her mom—you all know that horror story—and I’d heard enough about her sister to be sick to my stomach. So when she came to us lookin’ to become Farsil Luhal, I’d half a mind to tell her to just fuck all the way off. But it just so happened we were in a little shit at the time, and Genius suggested we test the girl’s mettle. So we did.
“For a couple months we’d been dealing with a spiking crime rate all around our turf. The cops weren’t doing shit, and you can imagine what kinda nightmare that was making for us in the Hisil. So we put the new kid on it to investigate, and as it turns out, she comes back and tells us the cops are too busy laughing their asses off at practical jokes to do their fuckin’ jobs. Yeah, that’s right: one of the cops was a practical joker, and a couple joy spirits latched onto him and spiraled the whole thing into a goddamn mess.
“So we head in there to clean things out Shadow-side, and we send Eliza in the flesh to put a damper on the whole thing. I swear I’ve never seen a fish take better to water than Eliza goin’ in there to ruin everybody’s time. She’s got this list of like five hundred anti-jokes—shit that’s just not funny, like on purpose—and she goes in there all serious and just talks to all the cops until they’re sad as balls. Meanwhile we tear up all the joy spirits on our end, and the problem’s solved. And that’s why we call her Killjoy. That and she’s a huge cocktease. Or so I hear.”
- In These Shoes by Bette Midler
“Then I met an Englishman
“Oh,” he said, “What are you afraid of?”
“Won’t you walk up and down my spine,
It makes me feel strangely alive.”
I said “In these shoes?
I doubt you’d survive.”
I said “Honey, let’s do it.
Let’s stay right here.”
- Butterfly by Jason Mraz
“But you don’t fold, you don’t fade
You’ve got everything you need, especially me
Sister you’ve got it all
You make the call to make my day
In your message say my name
Your talk is all the talk, sister you’ve got it all.”
Pretend someone asked “What do you think of (character name)?” Answer it!
- “It might not be obvious, but Killjoy brings a lot to the pack. She’s willing and able to do what a lot of others won’t—or can’t. We’d all definitely be worse off without her.” Galen Summers
- “We don’t always see eye to eye. But that’s what packmates are for. They offer vital perspective.” Shawn Hart
- “Yeah she’s okay. You’re not, like…recording this or some shit, are you?” – Jacy Carlson
- “We’ve all got that one habit we know’s bad for us, but we always go back to because we’re in love with it. Eliza’s mine.” Xander Carlson
- “She’s cool. Capable. Not much in a fight, but way smarter than she lets on. She’s made a good Warden—I’m glad she’s one of the Tribe. But, gotta be honest, I’m also glad she’s not part of my pack. No disrespect.” – Marion Hunter
- “My silver-tongued sister is four things: talented, beautiful, conceited, and petty. Admire the first two but beware the last because she can – and will – ruin your life over them.” — Eden LaValle
“That dress she was wearing was cute. I wonder how you can become a werewolf and avoid fighting…”— Felicity Mayweather “Jacy warned me to avoid her, and I’ve tried. But – now that I’ve spoken with her more, she’s very pretty. Just – does Xander like rude people? If he’s back on and off again with her? Am I going to be too comfortable again because I’m not – like that? And – he’s going to go back? Er – should I be more rude? I don’t think I can act like that…I had no idea what to think and I don’t think I’ve ever rendered anyone unable to think like that…”— Felicity Mayweather
- “I think it says a lot about Killjoy that she is #2 on the ‘people Fliss actually hates’ list, sitting behind only the wax spirit duguthim who nearly killed my packmate and has been a menace since I first learned about werewolves.” — Scylla
- “I’ve only got three words to say about Killjoy: fuck this bitch.” — Ace